21 days until potential travel
That is 3 weeks away PEOPLE!
And I do not freak out easily.
So I sat down to make a list of the things that need to be done before we leave. (I’m a list girl). It’s divided into 2 categories – MUST DO and IF WE HAVE TIME.
I really didn’t think the Must Do list would be that long. Most of the house projects were completed last summer when we were hoping for an August travel date. So I started jotting stuff down.
And the list grew…and grew…and grew. 21 items and growing.
- Make video of kids to post on blog for when we pass court
- Add closet shelves in kids closet
- Take down girls’ closet doors and put up curtain (easier to see stuff)
- Move extra bed out to in-laws (eventually up to cabin)
- Rest of immunizations
- Make travel plans (Tickets are on hold)
- Gather travel adoption paperwork
- shampoo the carpets
- Send out email to friends re: ACSTO
- Gather donations for Hope for the Hopeless
- Make notes for Grandma (who’ll be staying with the kids)
- Make scrapbook/photo album for W-boy and B-girls grandma
- Call bank to let them know we’ll be out of country in case we use the CC
- Check luggage requirements
- Fill our travel prescriptions (sleeping meds, scabies cream, etc)
- Buy lice kits
- Finish Christmas shopping (maybe I can do this in Addis)
- Refill Noah’s prescriptions
- Reschedule a doctor’s appt for Noah
- Enroll in Ethiopian Airlines Frequent Flyer program
- Take outgrown clothes to resale shop (Mon)
- Drop off thrift store donations
- order cash (year 2000 bills or newer) from bank
- put up the Christmas tree
- Register w/ the Embassy that we will be there (this is just a general foreign travel thing, not adoption related)
See, just typing the list made it grow by 3 items.
The “If We Have Time List” is considerably shorter:
- Shelving organizer in playroom
- Freezer cooking
- Clean out garage
- Amharic labels on house stuff (mostly for our pronunciation)
- Video to show W-boy and B-girl (the house, the minivan – little bit of what to expect when they get home)
So, can you see why I’m freaking out a bit?
Deep breath. In. Out.
Updated: I’m going to keep coming back and crossing them off to make me feel better 🙂 I guess that means I have to add to it to to keep it honest. Oh boy.