So the “Freakout List” and I had a little discussion this weekend and I realized that there were a few thing that just WERE NOT going to happen – like sealing the kitchen table, and fixing the water leak in the back yard sprinklers. We got a little bit more realistic. And I decided to take off the list the things that I gave to hubby because well, it makes me feel better. So look, it’s down to 11 things.
- Gather travel adoption paperwork
- shampoo the carpets
- Gather donations for Hope for the Hopeless
- Make notes for Grandma (who’ll be staying with the kids)
- Make photo album for W-boy and B-girls grandma
- Call bank to let them know we’ll be out of country in case we use the CC
- Fill our travel prescriptions (sleeping meds, scabies cream, etc)
- Finish Christmas shopping (maybe I can do this in Addis)
- put up the Christmas tree
- Register w/ the Embassy that we will be there (this is just a general foreign travel thing, not adoption related)
We both got the rest of our travel immunizations done today. Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid and Mengenitis for me. Second round of Hep A and B for hubby. And I’m proud of him for staying conscious the whole time (he has a thing about needles).
This morning I woke up with a strange feeling in my stomach. I hoped I wasn’t coming down with anything…wondered if it was because of our appt for the shots (silly, because they don’t bother me). Then about noon I realized I think they are “court week” butterflies. Even Natalie (6) was bouncing off the walls tonight.
She decided that W-boy and B-girl would make a great Christmas present and said I should put them in a box so she could unwrap them 🙂