I don’t really want to say it, but I’m wondering if this week could get any worse at this point.
My mom, who has had ongoing health problems for the last 6 months or so, was admitted to the ER on Wednesday evening. They found an pseudo aneurysm in her right femoral artery that supplies blood to her right leg. There were two surgical options or just waiting. Surgery was not particularly appealing as she is on blood thinners but by yesterday afternoon the docs had decided that surgery was necessary.
She was anxious enough, in a sense, that she requested my brothers come to Phoenix so I was on the phone arranging that yesterday afternoon. We had to fetch Brad from Juarez, Mexico where he was on a mission trip. He drove all night to get here about 4 a.m.
So now we are sitting in the waiting room while she is in surgery. She is feeling much better about the surgery today. The doc is opted to either try to repair the artery or, if needed, graft in some vein from somewhere else on her leg. He is going to avoid using a stint which could later kink and/or attract infection (which she has been prone to the last several months).
Ultimately she is okay with whatever the outcome of her surgery. She told me last night that her heart’s desire is to be with God and so she rests in that. Of course selfishly we want her to stay but it is comforting to know that she is at peace knowing her eternity is secured.
On other news I think we have 3 of the 4 children de-liced. I still have Beza to go through.
Updated: Mom’s surgery went great! They will keep her a couple of days but then she can resume her other rehab and therapy.