Now that I’m not working you’d think I would have lots of free time to write blog posts wouldn’t you. Well, not so much. So you’re going to get the old bulleted list 🙂
Favorite things about not working:
- get to spend more time at my parents helping them out (it’s painting this week)
- get to have “day dates” with my hubby (which saves on babysitting money)
- get to hang out in my cozy sweats and slippers, sipping coffee when it’s cold outside (cold is relative – it’s Phx.)
- feel like my creativity is back – probably wasn’t missing, it was just all getting spent at work leaving none for personal time
- get to meet friends for coffee or lunch or join them for scrapbooking
- have more energy to do projects with the kids
Speaking of the kids:
- Both Noah & Wen are competing in the ACSI Math Olympics. It’s all based on written tests. They took the second level tests last week.
- They all get to sing in the Christmas program next week.
- Natalie is missing her two front teeth. Guess what song EVERYONE keeps singing to her? She’s so tired of it!
- Noah is also competing in the school spelling bee on Tuesday.
- Noah’s gluten free diet is going pretty good. I have a feeling he sometimes cheats at school and I’m not really sure what to do about that.
Life in general…
- God continues to provide for our needs. I have several freelance projects in the works.
- Writing my first book – adoption related. Writing a book is one of those things on my “Before I Die” list.
- Having fun designing window decals.
- Get to meet my new niece Julia at Christmas time.
- Excited to have both my brothers (& families) here for Christmas.
- Weird to think that this time last year I was packing for Africa.