I was inspired last week by my friend Angel’s post where she laid out all her faults lest other women think she’s got it all together.
We women do that don’t we?
Admit it, you can name one mom friend who makes you think “Wow. She’s got it all together. How does she do that? I so don’t measure up.”
I know I do (not naming names). She’s kind of like Martha Stewart but with kids.
So for fear that there MIGHT be someone out there who thinks I’ve got it all together let me tell you, I do NOT.
- I am NOT a morning person. As in my husband knows not to talk to me until I’ve had a shower, dressed and have coffee in hand. Yes, it is THAT bad!
- I pretty much have the same 15 meals that I cook on a rotating basis. Occasionally I try something new but I’m not that inventive. I’m sure my kids are tired of said 15 meals.
- I have horrible self-discipline. Really good intentions – but total lack of follow through when it comes to habits like exercise, Bible reading, etc. I get on the bandwagon for awhile but am constantly falling off.
- My kids constant questions drive me INSANE. Especially when they really should know the answer. I do not always maintain a calm tone when answering their questions. I’ve also been known to declare “That’s IT. I’m not answering ANY questions from anyone under 21 for the next 30 minutes.”
- I hate being interrupted when I’m in the middle of something. This includes when I’m in the middle of something stupid like wiping the counters and my husband wants a hug. I’m working on that one.
- I stay up late because I like being alone and that’s pretty much the only time that happens.
- I suck at delegating and letting other people do things for me. I can always do it better and faster. Right? I’m gradually learning to let this one go (like not reloading the dishwasher after the 7 year old has done it).
- Clutter in my house quite literally makes me freak out. Like right now, if I step foot in the boys room my blood pressure automatically rises 40 points. Makes me want to take a match to the place.
- I could totally be a couch potato and watch random TV shows all day and night long. It’s probably a good thing that we don’t have cable any more…except for the fact that I can watch them all online.
- I like to argue, have the last word, make my point, prove I’m right. Now that my 10 year old is exactly like that, I realize how annoying it is. Oops!
- When the kids ask if they can do something my first response leans toward no and I have to stop myself and think why I want to say no. A lot of the time its because I just don’t want to deal with it. Working on this one as well.
I’m sure my dear husband and close friends could add a few more to the list.