So seeing the book proof was awesome, but I did realize ONE thing. The color on the cover wasn’t EXACTLY right. It wasn’t bad, and most people wouldn’t even notice, but it wasn’t exactly what Cameron had designed. With digital printing (because it’s a small printing run) that happens.
So I talked with the printer yesterday and they can said they could make some manual adjustments on their end to pull out some of the magenta (cover was too pinkish). They called this morning and said it worked great, but does affect the skin tones in my picture on the back. So they’re overnighting me a new proof of just the cover to make sure I approve.
I’ve had lots of questions from people, so here’s a few things to note:
- Yes, the book covers both domestic and international adoption – any adoption you need money for 🙂
- I’m self-publishing the book which means I am also doing all my own PR, etc. Fun, but time consuming. I’ve already got some great people that have agreed to do reviews and I have a list of more people to e-mail and ask.
- You will be able to buy the book through my website (being developed) and through Amazon. For sales made through my website, a portion of the proceeds will go toward helping families adopt. (Mark and I are still discussing exactly what that looks like.)
- We’ll be doing some fun blog giveaways the week before the book comes out.
- The book comes out on May 11th – it’s my birthday so I figured that would be a fun day 🙂
- I am aiming to have pre-sales start on May 1st. If you want to get an e-mail reminder when I do start pre-sales, sign up at the bottom of this page. There will be some sort of incentive to order during pre-sales – just haven’t decided what.
- I’m working on the companion website which, among other things, will continue to expand on the book with more fundraising ideas. I hope you will participate in the conversation!
If you have any other questions, just let me know!