If you’re the inventing type I have a million-dollar idea for you.
I want a shower recorder.
Because the shower is where I get 70 percent of my good ideas. (The other 30%? Divided equally between when driving in the car ALONE and right after I lay down at night.)
Speaking topics, blog post ideas, improvements to a web site, something fun to do with the kids…
It’s where I do my best thinking.
Ok, yes I know there are actually some waterproof recorders out there but I have ideas for a few improvements.
- Voice-activated. I say “Record” and it starts; “Stop Recording” and it stops.
- When I’ve finished my shower I say “SEND” and it sends an mp3 file of my recording to a pre-designated email. Because really, am I going to get dressed, get a piece of paper, come back to the shower and play the recording while I jot it down furiously? Yeah, never going to happen.
- And, oh yeah, it needs a security code. Otherwise my kids will NEVER get out of the shower.
Where do you get your best ideas? How do you make sure you remember them?