As we discussed yesterday, there are three types of adoption grants. But how do you figure out which ones to apply for? Because there’s 60 plus adoption grants available.
I’m going to point you to my favorite resource on adoption grants. Cherri Walrod is an adoptive mother and founder of Resources4Adoption.com and I’ve dubbed her the Adoption Grant Guru.
She spends HUNDREDS of hours meticulously researching adoption grants – finding new ones AND monitoring existing ones. She has gathered all this information and created a Grants & Loans chart. It allows you an easy way to access grants that you are eligible for.
- Which sources ARE accepting applications?
- Which sources are on hold?
- Which sources are outdated or no longer active?
- I am single, which grants should I apply for?
- Which states have adoption grants available to their residents?
- Are there any grants for other religious affiliations beside Christian?
- Does anyone offer grants for domestic or private adoptions?