I love to have new voices represented on my blog and would welcome your guest post submission. Below are my guidelines for publication.
Your post must be on one of four topics:
- Adoption (the process, paying for, raising adoptive kids)
- Managing Money Wisely
- Christian Faith (particularly as it applies to moms and family life)
If you are a fundraising family you can submit a post for the Friday Adoption Fundraising Feature. See guidelines here.
Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post without prior approval.
- Your post must be original and not previously published either on the Web or in print.
- You agree on publication date to post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- Your post should be at least 300 words long and no more than 800 words.
- Provide a one-line bio as well as a link to your blog and Twitter (if applicable).
- You may provide an image to accompany your post but it must be yours or obtained legally. (Don’t just take something from Google images.)
I will likely copyedit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make substantive changes (unlikely), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or the rationale as to why I think the post is important. I will make sure that my comments are set off from yours stylistically, so that my readers are clear that these are mine and not yours.
I understand the work that it takes to write a blog post. However, submission does not guarantee publication. I want to be sure that guest posts add value to my readers.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email it to me for consideration at julieATjuliegummDOTcom. It may take a week for me to respond.
- Be sure to include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook address.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers in the comments about your post.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.