Things I’m looking forward to in 2011…
- At the end of February I get to stand up beside my best friend as she gets married! So excited for her, the kids and Dan as they start this new chapter of their lives.
- In March I’m leading a World Orphans trip to Haiti. I’m taking this awesome group from Siloam Springs, Ark – the town where Mark and I went to college – to visit their Haitian church partner.
- In May I’m leading a breakout session at the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit conference titled “Creative Fundraising for Your Adoption”. Anything fun to do in Louisville?
- Hopefully I’ll be finishing the book on above topic before then 🙂 Either way I’ve got tons of great conference material.
- April 1 the “No Shopping for a Year” challenge ends. I will then have a large bonfire. Just kidding! I’m not planning a big shopping binge but rather purchasing from the mental list in my head that I’ve been creating this year. Note, it’s fairly short and well thought out.
- The Together for Adoption conference is going to be in Phoenix this year in October. Woohoo! Trying to talk a certain Texan family into making the trip and hanging out at our house 🙂
I’ve been thinking through my goals for this year. They’re not necessarily well thought out, but this is a quick list of things I’m hoping to do in 2011.
- Finish writing the book on creative adoption fundraising.
- Besides, CAFO Summit, have at least 2 other speaking opportunities.
- Attend SheSpeaks conference in July (if funds allow).
- Be more intentional about one-on-one time with the kids.
- Have a couple-only vacation of some sort with Mark – even if it’s a weekend trip to California. We used to do this every year but haven’t done it since Luke & Beza have been home and we’ve been traveling more for work.
- De-clutter and simply our stuff – including selling my stamping and scrapbooking stuff that is going unused. Together we’ve started to make quiet a dent in this over the holidays. Plus we’re making some money on ebay – maybe it will help fund one of the above 🙂
What are your plans for 2011?